I am the worst. My last entry here was literally over a year ago. I’m not really sure what kind of excuses I can make up at this point. Life, I suppose? I told myself that this was going to be my baby project for the year to help flex my creativity juices, but I guess life decided to take me elsewhere.
Anywho, a quick recap of what happened during my year after my last post:
– Took classes again, while working part/full time.
– Passed all those classes with flying colors (aw yiss)
– Went to Japan! (now that was a good one)
– Made huge decisions and created a set path for myself..
– … which meant quitting my job of 4 years as a behavioral interventionist in order to pursue graduate school
– Took classes as a full time student (that felt strange)
– Got ADMITTED into my first choice graduate program (*throw confetti*)
– Celebrated many weddings and many babies (neither mine, but watching other people accomplish big adult things is always great too)
So, a lot has happened. I went through a bit of a rollercoaster at some point in there, but everything is extremely dandy now. This year is going to be absolutely amazing, so I figure it would be a great time to start this up again. Food has and will always be in my life, of course. So documentation will be KEY. Happy celebrations = good food.
I know the picture looks quite gloom for such a happy post. I took this picture while standing in a rain soaked balcony on one of the upper floors of a Tokyo apartment building. We just had an amazing sushi breakfast at Tsukiji fish market and came back to rest and relax. It began pouring. While everyone napped, I took advantage of the solitude and soaked in the absolute peace I felt standing there on that wet balcony in Tokyo. I was so happy then. So yes, this was a happy picture 🙂